Jan 4, 2019

My Interview With DishwashingLickwid!!

I've made a severe and continuous lapse in my judgment.

A month or so ago, I did a post on here about the conspiracy theory, which I believe to be true, that Australia is in fact... fake. (blog post here)

Furthermore, where I lapsed in my judgment is that I didn't have an "Australian" person give us their point of view and their perspective on the story... that's just proper investigative journalism. I realized this a couple of days after the blog post was up.

Zahra is NOT a Team 10 fan.
I couldn't think of anyone Australian to sit down with. And the ones I did know didn't have the vernacular that they think they possessed. Then it came to me. There was only one person who would be fit for this interview, and if it wasn't her then there wasn't going to be a post.

One of my favorite YouTubers, Zahra, known as 'dishwashinglickwid' on YouTube. She is a relatively "new" comedy vlogger whose channel rose in popularity for her relatable and often self deprecating sense of humor and all the drama news, or rather--tea--that she spills. Ranging from Logan and Jake Paul, to the various scandals of racist and problematic beauty channels, Zahra's covered it all, and in an entertaining and light hearted way at that.

I direct messaged Zahra on Twitter not expecting a response, like at all. Yet, somehow, here we are. She was humble and kind enough to let me ask her some questions about Australia and its existence, her YouTube channel and some paranormal stories as well (we got to stick with the theme, folks.).

Here is my interview with Zahra (dishwashinglickwid):

Hello, Zahra. It’s such a pleasure having you on this dumb yet thought provoking blog.

Thank you for having me, I’m so excited!

No you’re not, but thank you for lying. This is not the only lie you’re telling, though. You say you’re Australian, but does Australia actually exist?

I’m not lying but I am lying about living in Australia, considering it’s not a real country. No, I’m just kidding, but as someone who’s traveled within Australia I'm pretty sure it’s real.

How do you know you are though? Several white American flat-earthers would say that Australia is actually just a place in South America and that airplane pilots and airports are also in on this conspiracy, and we all know white middle aged American men are NEVER wrong.

After looking at some flat earth maps, it seems like even the flat-earthers can’t decide amongst themselves as to whether Australia is real or fake. And as for Australia being a place in South America, that would be highly unlikely because it snows there, Australia unfortunately does not have snow. A South American winter is not the same as Australia winter.

Okay, uhm, these are some valid points... way to kill a blog idea. Let’s just move on because you’re so clearly wrong and I’m right. Tell us about your YouTube channel dishwashinglickwid and why did you choose this channel name?

Well, they’re not my points it’s just what the government told us to brainwash you into thinking Australia is real... I mean what, I didn’t just say that.

My YouTube channel dishwashinglickwid is just a place for me to be creative and express my opinions because I’m nosy.


Lots of people ask me where my channel name ‘dishwashinglickwid’ came from and for the longest time I had no idea, but I think it came from the names I always used on Kaboot like ‘dishwashing’ or ‘dishwasher’ in an attempt to make the class laugh. The ‘lickwid’ was just me spelling liquid wrong because I thought it’d be funny.

UHM, WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
So, the theme for my blog is horror and it’s something I talk a lot about. Do you have any personal stories or encounters with the paranormal?

I've also read conspiracies that when people try to come to Australia, they get drugged and are actually sent to New Zealand, it’s unfortunate that they don’t have a theory for people who were born in Australia, so I guess that’s another loophole.


Also, the scariest thing I've ever experienced is I once left the house without sunscreen, it was truly traumatic and the sunburn made my skin swell up, it was a horrifying image to look at--scarier than any demon if you ask me.

If you’re born in “Australia” then you’re probably in New Zealand and you don’t even know it. 

Don’t be so hard on yourself. And if it’s any consolation, no demon or human is scarier than John Kuckian (except maybe Lele Pons)... now THAT is a terrifying paranormal entity.

Finally, do you have a favorite video on your channel that you would like people to watch as their introduction to dishwashinglickwid?

That’s true, I guess my existence is a lie, and I agree nothing is scarier than a John Kuckian. I have so many favourite videos on my channel it’s sort of hard to choose but I think my makeup tutorial video incapsulates who I am so perfectly in a video, or the vlogs that I posted earlier on my channel.


Sadly, we've come to the end of this interview. If we were in a room together right now doing an actual sit down interview this is the part where you would sigh in relief and RUN and never look back.

So sorry I put you through this, thank you SO much for doing this. I’m a huge fan and cannot even believe you agreed to be on my flop blog. Have a great 2019 and I can’t wait to see your channel grow even more in the future. Thank you, again!

Thank you so much, this was actually super fun and I really enjoyed this interview.  Happy new year! and I’m wishing you all the growth and success that your blog deserves!



This was my interview with Zahra, I actually can't believe this happened? Please go check her channel out here. She also has a new Podcast called Crumbs that you can listen to here.

2 comments:

  1. omg...dude, besides the fact that this was really made me laugh, i have to say i'm in love with her now. also i just spent like at least 30 minutes watching some of her vids and i have a final tomorrow.....thanks for that

    ReplyDelete