Dec 15, 2018

Interview With Eavesdrop Egypt!

A little while back, I did an interview on this blog with makeup artist Farah Aly, and that popped off. So I decided to do another interview, this time with Eavesdrop Egypt, an Instagram page that has been spreading rapidly on Egyptian social media and making thousands laugh and share their own overheard conversations.

Most of the "Eavesdrop" submissions on the page are either very sexual or very wild and confusing. I found out that I'm good friends with the creator of the page very randomly. This interview is very hilarious and it happened very quickly so I hope you enjoy.

Ziyad, Eavesdrop Egypt creator, joined me on my living room sofa (this interview was totally not over text... 100% in person and not on Whatsapp.).


Hello, thank you for joining me in my tacky living room!

It’s always a pleasure being reminded of the couch my grandfather took his last breath on.

Kinky! So would you like something to drink?

Do you have bleach? It’s a personal favorite.

Wow, my favorite cocktail! So, tell me about Eavesdrop. How did it start & how did the idea come to you?

Well, my friend and I - who run the page together - had rather very exciting meaningful lives and we totally didn’t have a void to fill, so I came up with the idea to start the page together, and so we did! Totally didn’t ripoff OverheardLA!

You two are very obviously not lifeless at all. Did you have to make up the first couple of eavesdrops to get it going or did you just post stuff you heard yourself?

We recalled the weirdest stuff we’d personally heard before and thus came the first 9 posts!

Nope, definitely not lifeless. I did write a blog post about Hannah Montana and Miley Cyrus being the same person (which you can read here) so I’m not one to talk. What’s your personal favorite eavesdrop you've gotten? Do you have one?

(it's in arabic, sorry)

Not the brightest crayon in the box, are they? That’s a good one. So, the theme of this blog—if you’ve read my other entries— which you should’ve, is horror. So have you ever received scary or spooky eavesdrops that you were too scared to post?

Yes I have, and it still shakes me to my core when I remember it... "I was walking home at night last week, I was passing by the Baron Empain Palace when I heard a whisper, but there was no one around, I kept walking but then I heard it again, this time it was loud and it only kept getting louder and more frequent. I fell to the ground, head between my knees, hands over my ears, and for the next 2 hours all I could hear was, “ New Covergirl Wetslicks Fruit Spritzers”".

I have chills all over my body... oh God. This is unbelievably terrifying. Can’t imagine being in this person’s shoes. Do you have any plans for the future of the page?

Well, right now we just want to get it to 10,000 followers because that 10K looks more aesthetically pleasing than 7,400!

I will make sure the 3 people who read this blog go follow and support your Instagram page!

Make them submit too!

I have an eavesdrop myself, actually... One time in 5th grade I overheard my English teacher call a classmate of mine "a son of a bitch" to another teacher and I consider it a very life changing moment for me... I did not like that classmate.

Imagine calling an 8 year old a son of a bitch, goals!

Wow, good times fly, our interview is done. Hope you enjoyed the cookies, I made them myself. Thank you so much for taking the time out of your non existent and extremely free schedule to do this interview with me, it’s been a pleasure!

You’re very welcome! Thank you so much! P.S., the cookies are dope.


Make sure you follow Eavesdrop Egypt on Instagram here.


2 comments:

  1. my LUNGS 😭😭😭😭😭😭

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you suffer from asthma attacks, I strongly recommend inhalers.

      Delete